Description: Download or Save your Friend’s WhatsApp Status Video and WhatsApp Stories Photos to Android Phone’s Gallery.
Lets comeback to this post save WhatsApp status stories, we will just use file manager to browse the status videos and photos. WhatsApp doesn’t want you to see your friend’s stories videos and photos in your gallery so by default they have hidden this folder while making the app updates. We will just search the hidden folder and use it to copy friend’s stories videos and photos and paste it to local storage then you will directly see it in your android gallery. Therefore, here is a quick guide to save WhatsApp status videos and photos.
How to Download/Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Photos
- Firstly, we need a file manager by which you can reach to your WhatsApp folder. You also have to enable show hidden files and folders. If you can enable hidden files you can do it with your inbuilt file manager otherwise my recommendation is use ES file Explorer file manager which has many features and it works for all android devices.
- Now, go to your WhatsApp and tap on the status. Just watch your friend’s status that you want to download/save in order to make a temporarily file.
- Now open your file manager (ES Explorer).
Open menu ( by clicking on menu button at top left corner or slide left to right from left), scroll down the menu and enable ‘Show hidden files’ as shown in the above screenshot.
- Now get out of from the menu, you’ll see the home page. Select internal or external storage in which your WhatsApp installed (or you can check both storage).
- Now go to WhatsApp -> Media -> .Status
- Once you open .Status folder, you will see here your friend’s latest WhatsApp status videos and photos that you can simply copy here and paste to other folders. Then you can view it from your phone’s gallery.
You have successfully downloaded/saves your friend’s WhatsApp status video and photos to your phone’s galley without using any third party app. If you want more WhatsApp tips and tricks, you may subscribe us. Please don’t forget to share this article with your friends.